EDC Pricing Norms Are Murky
Today, Electronic Data Capture (EDC) can take many forms. Just as different solutions offer different levels of functionality, there’s also variation in how an EDC solution can be priced. There are, however, certain pricing patterns that tend to emerge:
- Big Companies with Big Price Tags – Many EDC solutions are, quite simply, unaffordable. These tend to be big companies targeting big studies with big budgets. Their pricing is complex, sky-high, and riddled with additional fees.
- Low Prices with Invisible Extras – Other companies may quote a low monthly subscription price – or even claim to offer the EDC for free – but their users later find themselves paying extra for additional modules, or racking up expenses in the form of specialized programming contractors and slow build times.
These types of companies differ drastically in many ways, but they do have one thing in common: Whether the costs are transparent or hidden, you’re paying too much for your EDC.
The Medrio Difference
We have avoided the pitfalls of both of these models, offering a total cost of ownership that keeps your studies comfortably within budget.
The price of our monthly subscription beats that of many companies flat-out. And customers can conduct their research without worrying about unforeseen expenses surprising them at every turn.
- Simple, consolidated pricing – Additional modules are included with our EDC at no extra cost, and there are no fees associated with mid-study changes.
- Achieve FPI faster – Our EDC can be set up in less than 3 weeks compared to the 12-week industry average.
- Keep your studies in your hands – Users can build their studies and make mid-study changes without taking your study offline and with no programming required, eliminating the costs of programming and IT staff.
- By the numbers – compared to two large EDC vendors, the cost with Medrio would be, on average, 63% less.