There’s No Reason EDC Can’t Be Fast and Easy
Extra steps mean extra time
The EDC industry is finally starting to reckon with some of the inefficiencies that have caused users to struggle in the past. Sponsors and CROs have confronted these challenges throughout their clinical trials:
• Training – Users are often forced to adhere to a strict, vendor-defined training regimen that’s not aligned with their needs or timelines.
• Study build – Users are often forced to adhere to a strict, vendor-defined training regimen that’s not aligned with their needs or timelines.
• Mid-study changes – Mid-study changes are often impossible without reaching out to the vendor or taking the entire study offline.
When all is said and done, study build can extend months longer than is necessary. Given the strict timeline demands of clinical trials today, this is simply unacceptable.
The Medrio way: Fast, easy software – with you in control
Medrio is at the forefront of the shift away from these inefficiencies. We’re one of few providers, even today, with the built-in, cutting-edge flexibility that offers users the autonomy they need to conduct their data management quickly and easily.
• Training – Our new eLearning platform reduces the need for in-person training and the planning, scheduling, and logistics that come with it.
• Study Build – Users can build their studies themselves using a simple and intuitive drag-and-drop interface, eliminating the need for any programming or outsourcing.
• Mid-study changes – Users can take full ownership of mid-study changes. They don’t have to reach out to us, and they don’t have to take their study offline.
By the numbers
We looked at the study build time of some of our biggest competitors and found that it averaged about 10 weeks. Medrio users, meanwhile, average 2 to 4 weeks to build their databases, with some managing to complete the task in a matter of days. Our users have also been able to make mid-study changes in as little as five or ten minutes.
Cases from the real world
Our software has brought speed and ease of use to countless clinical researchers throughout our history. Here are some of their stories:
• Ancillarie – Citing the absence of required programming as a major source of efficiency, two data managers at this CRO – one with extensive data management experience and another with relatively little – both found Medrio easy and intuitive enough to build large studies in just a few weeks.
• Study Builders – The research consultants at Study Builders used Medrio to cut their study build time by about 86%, from three weeks to three days. They cited the ease of making changes to eCRFs and the flexibility of training as other sources of efficiency.